Sunday, January 31, 2016

here's the kickoff

okay. OKAY. It's my turn to talk now.





hi. I'm Cloyd Clemons. 
                                                                           am I the real Cloyd Clemons? no. 


see him?
He doesn't see you, sorry. That's Cloyd Clemons. He's just a faceless name on a list. This is a WW2 casualty list. All I know is that he was killed in action. He could have had a pet snail named ugly. Maybe he loved the smell of wood shavings. Maybe he's a self taught bagpipe player. I don't know.


Thing is he's exactly like you. And me. 

Roughly 407, 316 men died in the war, give or take a few. So many men gave their lives for a cause, and what did they get? A few got purple hearts, a lot got PTSD, and many got matching gravestones.

There are roughly 7 billion people living on the earth today. We live, we die, we forget. Me? I'm just one person. One. Just a Cloyd Clemons. I'm just a nameless face in a crowd. Another human title in small font. You skim over me in the yearbook. I think my name appeared in there once last year. Like you noticed. 

Turns out I have feelings. And peculiar thoughts. I have insecurites and wonderments and moments of euphoria. I also have violent spontaneous urges like to delete this post and drop the class. I won't though. 

 
I just want to apologize to all the doors I've slammed
I sound like expired alphabet soup
I procrastinate procrastination
I submitted this intro at 11.57 pm
I hate how naturally lying comes to me
I know nothing about quantum physics
I will splash in puddles and I will do it near you
I miss you 
I wonder if california remembers I was born there
I don't own nice things
I'm sure I have some rare undiscovered syndrome
I still leave the light on
I sonder about cloyd clemons
I sleep instead
If there wasn't music, I wouldn't see the point
I am too sensitive
I can hear my heart beat, but it could just be an echo
I've never really belonged anywhere
It looks better when the paint is chipping off
I miss when I was just a wee chubby thing
In another world, I would be a sloth
I have anxiety
I don't like spending time with myself
I feel like disappointment is the middle name I never had
I think the well is full of my ungranted wishes
I've never tossed love around
I hate myself most of the time but I don't want to be you
I love to sing but don't even ask
I swear I'm just shy
I flirt with death a lot
I am scared to look you in the eye
I am a little numb but
I am alive.





This blog isn't very promising. But that's good because nobody keeps their promises. 

ps. this intro really sucks. Sorry. I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here.

pps. ha if you got that you're the cats pajamas.




18 comments:

  1. I like how you found your pen name from a WW2 casualty list
    And I got it and I like that you use the phrase you're the cats pajamas and I really like this intro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, yes, this is nice.

    There's a lot here. I like your brain.

    And the creep line. Yes. That's radiohead, head? (I looked it up and it is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to quote a line I relate to and realized that there are way too many. I'm excited to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I can totally relate. I love the "just another name on the list" and really the whole thing. Well said Cloyd Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the song creep and i love this whole entire post. just yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this. i love you. you are inspiring. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was raw and honest and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really like this post, and have a feeling that this outlet will give you much-needed self confidence. you don't realize how good you already are. and it only goes up from here. rock on, creep. i don't belong here either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That entire first part
    Wow
    Just wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooooh. I seriously got chills. This post really hit me hard, and I have only read one or two that I can honestly say that about. wow. wow. wow. you. you are incredible, and deserve to be so much more than a face in the crowd. I will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cool this was! I enjoyed getting to know you, Cloyd Clemons; and I'm excited to continue getting to know you.

    p.s. caught that reference

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. This was so beautiful, dark, and deep. You, my friend are very talented indeed and I will be coming back. This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the expired alphabet soup line

    ReplyDelete
  14. radiohead. yes.

    also don't apologize.

    i loved so so many lines in here. i loved the whole thing. this belongs on the top 5.

    i'll be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "So many men gave their lives for a cause, and what did they get? A few got purple hearts, a lot got PTSD, and many got matching gravestones."
    This whole thing was fantastic but especially this paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap this is great!

    ReplyDelete