Monday, March 14, 2016

can't prove nothin'

click click click
the sound the metal makes
thump thump thump
the sound my heart makes
                                                                   i'm a self destructive machine

i'm made of stainless steel and i still rust in the sun
i've been forged to make others happy, but i can't even do that for myself
i'm a failed experiment
an inventors plan A
a robot tossed in a box and thrown carelessly in the attic
with a dying battery and a bent antennae
that's having a hard time picking up society's signals

turns out my blueprints didn't pass the visual test 
i was the paradigm to be rendered useful
but they made a better version of me
and put it on the cover of vogue magazine
looks like the newest model was a success
they'll be making duplicates of her
as long as they fix any systematic errors 

tick tock tick tock
the clock in me that tells me the time i have left
i can hear it ticking now 
reminding me i didn't come with a lifetime warranty
and if i break i'm broken for good
so you better stamp the words fragile on the box
before you shove me in the attic
and turn off the lights







7 comments:

  1. Hey.

    It's Monday morning. There are 4 people in class today. Okay, 10.

    This is good stuff. I think. It's tough to read in public.

    "i'm a failed experiment
    an inventors plan A"

    This was cool.

    My whole life feels like a failed experiment sometimes. But that can be a good thing.

    ao;ijef;viaje;ofijewao;ifjewo;ijfo;awejf;oiewajfo;iwejf;oij

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that's having a hard time picking up society's signals" wowow this is such a good post! I love it because it is real.

    "tick tock tick tock
    the clock in me that tells me the time i have left
    i can hear it ticking now"

    this is also my favorite part

    ReplyDelete
  3. "reminding me i didn't come with a lifetime warranty
    and if i break i'm broken for good
    so you better stamp the words fragile on the box
    before you shove me in the attic
    and turn off the lights"

    You're an amazing writer

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i'm a failed experiment
    an inventors plan A"

    this is so good wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this whole thing so so much. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "i'm a self destructive machine"

    I wanted to quote all of this.
    And that last paragraph.. so good.. so so good..

    ReplyDelete