Monday, February 29, 2016

hide and go seek

I'm stepping on the crayons that once served as a portal to my imagination
I quit raising my hand because I don't want answers anymore 
I don't have playdates with kids who believe in santa claus
My shoes don't light up when I run around, neither does my face on my birthday
I don't brew potions and I'm no longer a princess
When I get older I can't be a rock star or a marine biologist
Stranger danger is more relevant today than it was then
I can't make a fort and play pretend, because the game never ends
I'm not the best at four square, I'm not the best at anything
Disneyland isn't the happiest place on earth
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
ready or not. here I come
and I'm searching everywhere to find myself.


3 comments:

  1. "My shoes don't light up when I run around, neither does my face on my birthday"

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line... perfection.
    I'm searching too.

    ReplyDelete