Monday, February 29, 2016

11 failed attempts

#1 this crush was the ultimate rival to all my other crushes, but i wasn't ready to love yet

#2 you took so much more than my first kiss. i can't help comparing everyone else to you, i loved you in a way i didn't think i could. you had a flawless facade, and although you treated me like i was playdough, a shrapnel of my broken heart still loves who i thought you were

#3 you were so kind and lively. i'm sorry I ended it, i just got scared

#4 rooftops and bowling balls brought us together. it was a prototypical fling

#5 you gallivanted into my life like you owned it. we spent nights under the stars, days in the water. we talked like we hadn't just met, but when we stopped talking it was like we never met. it was a trial run and by the time it ran out, i couldn't afford the real thing

#6 this one's for all my fugitive infatuations. all smiles, flirtatious waves, shallow texts. an empty kiss. that one time we locked eyes across the room. the only thing missing was something real

#7 you were a jack in the box, i was surprised at the person you really were. underneath all those compulsive lies you were just a boy who thirsted for attention and acceptance. sorry i couldn't give you that

#8 i couldn't reciprocate my feelings. i want you to forgive me, but let go of me. you deserve someone who will actually remember your birthday

#9 i met you in the weirdest way. but we clicked. i still like you, i'm just afraid we're sailing in different directions

#10 it was just a friendship with a little spark. i don't know what i did, but it was bad enough to lose you entirely. i'm okay with it, i didn't know you as well as i thought i did. i just hate seeing you because it still hurts

#11 i've been thinking about you lately. we were so close, but galaxies apart. you won't even talk to me now. i want to fix it. you weren't an emotional pin cushion. but regardless of all that, i know you're better off without me



6 comments:

  1. "it was a trial run and by the time it ran out, i couldn't afford the real thing" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one about the jack in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the part about playdough mmm this was amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. this whole idea is #stolen. Man, you're such a good writer. GAHHHHH SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete