Sunday, February 7, 2016

sdrawckab no stah

HATS confuse me

Abraham Lincoln always wore a hat
and he was assassinated
The cat in the hat always wore a hat
and a doctor wrote about him

I wish nobody wore hats
but you wear a hat every day
and you
and you

They're designed to cover us up
trap the perpetual cloud of rare thoughts
and cast a shadow on our faces
just to cover up unfiltered light-
don't want anybody to see that bald spot 
heaven forbid we get a glimpse of your greasy roots
that tell us where you came from

We can't see through that hat of yours
stop wearing it
I hear it's been giving you a headache for years
but you won't be taking it off anytime soon
I can't even see your darn eyebrows
but yea, keep it on
because you've been wearing it for far too long
and if you take it off now
you'll have hat marks

So
I tip my hat to you
because I'm sick of the way it feels
and always having to adjust it
For once,
I'm not going to wear a hat


3 comments:

  1. a hat is what makes me who i am. a hat is a replacement for my atrocious hair. if i didn't wear a hat, i would have no friends.

    i did enjoy this post though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We can't see through that hat of yours
    stop wearing it" Wonderful Hat post!

    ReplyDelete