Monday, February 15, 2016

we humans are nomads

Tell me why i feel stuck all the time
stuck in a certain mindset of doubt
stuck with people who can't be kind
the gum on the street is keeping my shoes immobile
holding me captive to watch corruption embody everyone i love

I was never meant to sit back and watch
good is deteriorating like an organism undergoes senescence
we humans are nomads
moving from heart to mind
moving from person to person
moving like atoms in a gaseous state

Too many of us are power hungry barbarians
with rotting souls and cynical minds
trust is a luxury most can't afford
and love is a practical joke

where has humanity gone?
i'm not going to adapt to my environment
become subordinate to an unfeeling unscrupulous society
i'm done with being spoon fed these lies

WAKE UP
we're the same, you and me
don't forget that
yes, we chew up and spit each other out
forgetting that everyone has emotions
but that's how the gum ended up on the street in the first place
don't forget that

7 comments:

  1. This is so good. So cool. So true. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the gum on the street is keeping my shoes immobile
    holding me captive to watch corruption embody everyone i love"
    Great line! Also I loved your metaphors. They really made me think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your titles are gold. Your writing is gold. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm not going to adapt to my environment" #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to quote the whole thing, amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. "i'm not going to adapt to my environment
    become subordinate to an unfeeling unscrupulous society"

    this line makes me want to shout it from a rooftop and pound my fist against a podium. Liberating!!!!

    ReplyDelete